One Autumn Eve

I woke this morning with a bit of dread in my heart. November 1st. Winter is on my heels and nipping at my back side. I am not a winter person. I prefer the high summer sun, shorts and tank tops, grass between my toes. And, with the fall back in time, the sun seemed to droop even lower in the sky as twilight snuck in earlier that I'm accustomed to. That slight heaviness stuck in the back of my mind and tip-toed on my heart throughout my day. But, I'm learning (well forcing myself is more like it) to busy myself with art, reading, writing, home and family, and new bonds of comraderie and friendship to help ease my typical winter blues. I'm learning to channel this energy from foul to good, from negative to something postitive and productive. This is a new path for me, and one I'm finding quite soothing yet very invigorating.


As I write this (in yet another positive venue of blogging and sharing), amber light of evening flows through my window and dances on my screen. I look up to see beauty, warmth and even comfort fill my window frame. It washes over me and drains that dread away just like the shadows spill and spread across the late autum sky.


I find I like autumn. And, I like this new path I'm walking along. The views are quite lovely from here.


Peace to you and yours,

5 comments:

WindandHoney November 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Bren, Your blog, your words, and your images are lovely.

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans November 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

OOOhh, love the format. Wow, that picture just takes my breath away.

ArtSnark November 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

gorgeous sky! & the blog's looking great

Christine November 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Gorgeous light :-)

Bitter Moon Designs November 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

So happy to hear you're doing so well, Sis. You have come such a long way and I'm so proud of you and what you have accomplished. You are the most creative and talented person I know and I'm thrilled to see you shine.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

(Please note: This is an ad/award free blog.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails