Echo Week 3 - Abundance

"Life in abundance comes only through great love."
Elbert Hubbard


Sometimes my grandpa used to say, "I haven't got a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of." I find myself uttering those same words from time to time when the negatives and "woe-is-mes" creep in. But, if I truly remember correctly Grandpa would always finish that expression with, "but I've got you". (Funny how we tend towards a selective memory; isn't it?)

Those "woe-is-mes" have been lurking just outside the fringes of my reason lately.

How are we going to pay the mortgage?

What about Christmas?

Darn, sure wish I had that.

Boy, aren't they lucky.

You know, more of that selective memory. More of forgetting what I do have because I'm too busy wishing for what I don't have.

My sons were just here for a few days' visit from out of state. This couldn't have been more perfectly timed. Watching them, hearing their banter, remembering our history, I was reminded just how wealthy I truly am. Their presence sent the negatives down the road. In it's place settled my life's abundance: my greatest loves.

"But I've got you."


For more on the Echo Poject, click on the icon on the right sidebar.

Peace to you and yours,

13 comments:

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans November 17, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Very good, very very true.

Alyice Edrich November 17, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

I can so relate to what you've said here! With the economy in such a mess, we're all left doing without certain luxuries, struggling to make ends meet with cut hours and low sales, and wondering what tomorrow will bring. Yet, somehow, we're all finding a resolve we never knew existed before.

moongipsies@msn.com November 18, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

I can totally relate. You did an awesome job with the theme....

Gena D November 19, 2009 at 2:50 AM  

Lovely pic and great words, Brenda!!!! ;-)

risa November 19, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Thank you for following my blog...it led me to yours, which is wonderfully written and offers great insight. I look forward to many more visits to your blog!

Susan Tuttle November 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

such a lovely interpretation -- thank you for joining in:)

WindandHoney November 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Absolutely perfect, Bren!

NANCY LEFKO November 19, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

wonderful, Bren :)

Loudlife November 19, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Beautiful entry Bren, in images and words.

xoxo

Brenda Seaholm-Wampler November 19, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

I can feel this, truly feel it. Abundance does make me think of the love and the abundance of emotions that surround it.
Those kids are great reminders to us.
It is a bit funny, I had thought about using a picture of hands, and the abundance of love in those hands....great minds right!

Carl November 19, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

great post...and great shot for the theme..

whyte November 20, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

I have gained such compassion since facing tougher times and challenges, and I thought I was empathetic before.....I was clueless. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Bren, you express them for many and beautifully!

ArtSnark November 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

thought provoking & well written

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

(Please note: This is an ad/award free blog.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails