{Echo} 7 - Whisper

I've been unable to take part in the {Echo} project lately. Another blood clot in my leg forced me down, and the resulting depression forced me out. Lying there for weeks on end my body unable to move, my mind gladly took over. It hopped, skipped and jumped. It whirled and twirled and tore across fields and sprang somersaults across my peace. It gladly had the fun my body could not... but really, that sort of mind energy is not so fun. It's nearly maddening, to be quite honest. How fitting the 7th {Echo} prompt: Whisper. Oh, for the softening solace of a hushed whisper, something like a summer rain or a baptismal, cleansing and calming my racing mind.


Staring at the ceiling counting cornered cobwebs for the umpteenth time, I pondered the Whispers so soothing to my soul: rustling stalks of corn reaching the deep blue of late fall skies, lakeside water lapping rocky shores, hummingbirds searching out sweet nectar, loving professions tickling the hairs of your ear, girlfriends sharing all too well-known secrets. But a certain image, a specific time kept creeping in, coming back and playing across my mind like a somersault. A whisper shared only between a certain two, and only once in a lifetime... the soothing whisper of a new mother's love:


"It was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart." ~Judy Garland

And in that moment, that very moment, I found that softening solace. A quiet stillness that brought me back to me, and hushed my busy mind. A whisper.

Peace to you and yours,

3 comments:

Unknown February 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

Beautiful Bren, you truly have a gift!

Unknown February 22, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Beautiful Bren!
Mac/Safari

Alyice Edrich February 22, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

Lovely picture. But I think I liked your words far more as it touched the soul and we could so visualize what you went through, and how a whisper saves.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

(Please note: This is an ad/award free blog.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails